Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Photo Six - Shadows and Light



I chose to do shadows and light for this week's photo assignment. At times it was kind of difficult, trying to get the image I saw with my eyes captured as a picture - while showing the different contrasts. It was also difficult to decide which one I liked the best - there were many that I did like, however, I wasn't sure if they necessarily fit the category. I ended up picking this photo because it seems to fit the category the best out of all my other pictures, and I like how the leaves look really clear and frosted.

ISO:
Shutter Speed:
Aperture:


12 comments:

Amanda Lajiness' Photos said...

I really like this picture, I like how it shows the contrast really well but it isn't blurry like most black and white pictures. This is really good.

Alexis D. said...

I really like your picture. The shadow and light contrast is really good. I love the little bit of light shining through the leaves. Great job! :)

alexis said...

Liz, these are really good. i really like how the you can see through some of the leaves, but then for some of them theyre dark and it is a really nice contrast between them.

Morgan Williams said...

This is a great photo. I love how the leaves appear papery which helps with the shadows and light theme.

kaitlin said...

wow! I really like the contrast between the bright leaves and the leaves that aren't getting much light on them. I also really like the sun in the picture. The shape it makes coming through the branches almost looks like a star(:
nice work!

Mary Blair said...

I really like this picture. Its cool how you can almost see through some of the leaves and it works really well in black and white. Great job!

Katie Saxton said...

This picture is really good. I like how you did shadows and light, and put your main picture in black and white it looks really good it really emphasizes the shadows.

Lexi Hudson said...

Liz, I really like your picture. I think you did a good job showing the contrast between the light and shadows. it works great in black and white, I think that it makes the picture even better(: good job!

Kim said...

I really like this picture. I love how the light is coming through the leaves and it's really well focused.

Habel M said...

i like how you used black and white in some of the pictures to show the differences in light.

Sharmila Samaroo's Blog said...

The contrast in this picture is really cool, and the transparency of the leaves create an interesting effect. The highlight from the sun adds to the overall appeal of the image.

Courtney's Photo Blog said...

This photo is really cool, i like the contrast and the glare of the sun, it draws your eye in. good job!

 
 
Copyright © Elizabeth Knight
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com